This test is a provider-ordered test (Physicians, Physician’s Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners can order this test) that analyzes your DNA with respect to medications. This test will require your own provider to order. On a prescription pad: Your name and date-of-birth, The prescriber Name and NPI number, RightMed Test, Reason for test – Previous treatment failure or Problems with side effects or Personalized medication options, Prescriber signature and date of order. Further instructions will be provided by Pat. Your DNA does not change and this test can be used over your lifetime for medication use decisions.
Why do genetic testing for medications?
- Decrease trial and error time with medications
- Save yourself time and money
- Minimize side effects
- Be more informed in decision making
Who will benefit from this test?
- Those whose medications are not working well
- Those who are on multiple medications
- Those who seem to be having troublesome side effects
- Those that want to know the best medications for them and their needs